Official Louisiana State Children's SongRead the petition
|1||Heidi Hafner||May 22, 2013|
The “Musical Ambassador to Children” and the “Pied Piper of Louisiana Music Traditions,” Johnette Downing is a multi-award winning singer, songwriter, musician and author for children, their families and their educators who is dedicated to cultural exchanges, celebrating childhood and fostering music and literacy through her music, books and programs.
Johnette has received twenty-two awards and has given children’s concert and author visits, and educator workshops and keynotes in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Central America, North America and the Caribbean.
Johnette’s presentations speak to a child’s interests in an engaging, interactive, thought-provoking and culturally respectful way.
- CityBusiness Women of the Year
- SouthernArtist.org Artist Award
- Six Parents’ Choice Awards
- Four iParenting Media Awards
- Four National Parenting Publications Awards
- Two Parent’s Guide to Children’s Media Awards
- Family Choice Award
- Family Review Center Award